The 16th edition of the IPL is due to be held in 2023. Ahead of the competition, a mini-auction is planned to be held, allowing teams to change their compositions. As ever, several players will be released, and some traded by the numerous franchises.
The mini-auction for IPL 2023 will be held on December 23 in Kochi. The event was previously planned to be held in Istanbul, Turkey. Ahead of the auction, franchises are required to submit their list of retained and released players, latest by 15 November.
Rules of the IPL 2023 Auction
Franchises can retain most of their players for the mini auction. (Teams can retain 15 players and will have to release the rest.) This compares well with the situation before the mega auction for IPL 2022.
Franchises cannot buy any players beyond the balance available in their respective purses. Every franchise will have to spend at least 75% of the purse allotted. Every franchise should have between 18 and 25 players, with at least 17 domestic Indian players and at most 8 overseas players.
The Purse Value for the IPL 2023 Auction
As confirmed by BCCI, every franchise can have a purse of 95 crores to spend on the auction. This limit is up from 90 crores in the last auction. Thus, the franchises will have 5 crores in addition to the balance left over from the mega auction before IPL 2022.
|Team||Purse available (INR Crores)ahead of player releases/ trades||Retained players||Released players||Traded layers||Coaching staff added|
|CSK||7.95||Ravindra Jadeja||Chris Jordan, Adam Milne, Mitchell Santner|
|DC||5.10||Tim Seifert, KS Bharat, Mandeep Singh, Ashwin Hebbar||S Thakur to KKR|
|GT||5.15||Lockie Ferguson to KKR, R Gurbaz to KKR|
|PBKS||8.45||Mayank Agarwal, Odean Smith, Shahrukh Khan||Brad Haddin, Charl Langeveldt|
|LSG||5.00||Manish Pandey, Andrew Tye, Jason Holder, Ankit Rajpoot, Evin Lewis|
|MI||5.10||Kieron Pollard,Fabian Allen, Tymal Mills, Mayank Markande, Hrithik Shokin|
|RCB||6.55||Jason Behrendorff to MI|
|KKR||5.45||Aaron Finch||Shivam Mavi to GT||James Foster|
|RR||5.95||Rassie van der Dussen, Daryl Mitchell, Navdeep Saini, Corbin Bosch|
Players Who Will Be Up For Sale
Several players, released by their respective franchises, will be up for sale:
· Chennai Super Kings have decided to let go of Chris Jordan, Adam Milne, Mitchell Santner.
· Tim Seifert, KS Bharat, Mandeep Singh, Ashwin Hebbar will no longer represent Delhi Capitals in the upcoming edition of the IPL.
· Sunrisers Hyderabad have decided to dispense with the services of Kane Williamson
· Punjab Kings will longer list Mayank Agarwal, Odean Smith, Shahrukh Khan among their players.
· Lucknow Supergiants have decided to bid farewell to Manish Pandey, Andrew Tye, Jason Holder, Ankit Rajpoot, and Evin Lewis
· Mumbai Indians have decided not to continue with the services of Kieron Pollard, Fabian Allen, Tymal Mills, Mayank Markande, and Hrithik Shokin
· Additionally, England T20 World Cup heroes Ben Stokes and Alex Hales are expected to be available to the franchises
Players Who Will Not Feature in IPL 2023
Some players who were seen in action during IPL 2022 will no longer play in the league during the 2023 season. Sam Billings, who represented KKR in IPL 2022, has instead decided to focus on the County Championship in England. Robin Uthappa and Ambati Rayudu who turned out for CSK have announced their retirements.
Bet on Cricket
The IPL will give cricket buffs an opportunity to place wagers on their favourite T20 league competition. If you are among them, do consider the best betting offers. The respective operators are running the bet365 bonus code and 1xBet promo code on their sites. Choose the offer with the terms you find reasonable and start placing your wagers.